By Harry ! Last Updated: October 01, 2020
If you are about to start a new project where you will paint the house a new color you certainly want to have the best equipment for the job.
We have put together a guide on selecting the best paint sprayer for your home painting projects and giving you the breakdown on why these products are the best in their categories.
You will also learn how to differentiate between high-quality paint spares and cheap imitators that will never measure up to the test. If you are looking to get the best deal on a high-quality paint sprayer for your home, you are looking in the right place.
So let’s go ahead and begin.
Our Top Recommended Paint Sprayer For Your Home
This paint sprayer here exemplifies the majority of top-of-the-line features that can be found in other product lines but at a much more affordable price.
The combination of both power and efficiency makes this compact and portable paint sprayer perfect for any project around the home.
The only question many people are left wondering is why they would need a painted prayer in the first place?
While it is certainly possible to paint your house entirely by hand like in the old days, it will go much quicker, and your result will be a much better quality if you use a professional paint sprayer for the job.
Why Buy a Paint Sprayer For House Exterior?
The ultimate question that you must ask yourself before beginning the journey about learning all about paint spares is to determine whether or not you require one.
If you are painting your house, you will be happy to hear that it will be much easier to use high-quality professional paint sprayer equipment. That is true for the following reasons.
Paint Your House Faster
- Applying paint to the entire surface of a home can be a very time-consuming process. This is even more true when you have to rely on all of the work to be done by hand. You have to calculate how much time it will take to go over and apply more than one coat.
- Paint sprayers are able to cover a larger surface area than you can with your hands at one time. You do not have to move around as much because they have a much further reach than your normal paintbrush as well.
- This makes you much more maneuverable as you are painting the home and will make the job go by much faster.
Paints Multiple Homes Quickly
- You can use high-quality paint sprayer to paint more than one home at the same time that it would take to paint a single home by hand.
- If you have more than one house that you are painting then the only option will be to use a high-quality professional paint sprayer.
- That is the only way to make sure that you get enough of the work done in time.
Selecting the Best Paint Sprayer For House Exteriors in October, 2020
1. Graco Magnum 262805 X7
1 year Manufacturer Warranty
2. HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879
2 year Limited Warranty
3. Graco Magnum 262800 X5
1 year Manufacturer Warranty
4. Titan ControlMax 1500 0580005
1 Year Standard Warranty
5. Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890
1 Year Limited Warranty
Recommended 6 Best Paint Sprayer For House Exterior
- We have gone through all of the top products in the industry to bring a handcrafted selection straight to you without any of the fluff.
- All of these paint spares will get the job done even if some are better at particular jobs than others.
- Everyone that is looking at a paint sprayer will find something to love in the following products list below.
- Dive in and see if you can’t determine which is your favorite out of them all.
1. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer - (Editor’s Choice)
This is an airless paint sprayer that will get the job done. It is easily portable with two wheels that allow you to roll it around the Jobsite easily.
It is perfect for the small business owner that is looking for a paint sprayer capable of producing at least 125 gallons of smooth finishing paint each year.
Will work flawlessly for at least 125 gallons each year and include an easy cleanup process for each project's completion.
The airless design could be improved a little for that, but it is still not too bad compared to some of the other available options.
- Fully Adjustable Tip Allows User Complete Control Over Paint Flow Rate
- Compatible With Un-Thin Paint Sprayed At High Pressures
- Rated For An Annual Output Of 125 Gallons
- Does Not Have Any Color Options
- Accessories Not Included
This is an affordable airless paint sprayer that will work for the at-home enthusiast or the professional paint sprayer.
2. HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879 Airless Paint Sprayer Spray Gun - (Editor’s Choice)
This is a paint sprayer that is phenomenal for large-size projects. It is capable of producing over 0.24 gallons per minute at incredibly high pressures of nearly 2800 pounds per square inch.
The 25-foot long hose gives you plenty of room to work with as well.
The long hose allows you to paint anywhere that you can imagine. It also has an Incredibly high pressure 2800 psi engine.
High-pressure designs are subject to failure and can cause injuries if you are not careful when using this type of machine.
- Completely Airless Paint Sprayer Perfect For Any Home Project
- Powerful ½ Hp Motor
- 3. 25 Foot Long Non-Kink Forming Hose
- No Customization Options
- The Warranty Is Only For Two Years
This may not be the least expensive toys out there but if you want to have perfect level control over each of the details on all of your projects it will be hard to beat this high-pressure paint sprayer.
3. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
This is the perfect choice for the at-home enthusiasts that want something that will allow them to repaint rooms in their house easily but not much else.
The three tips that are included to give you plenty of customization options for the regular amateur painter.
Easily controlled the result of your projects with the three included adjustable paint spear tips. This product is very easy to pick up and use even for beginners.
It may not be as durable as some of the other options out there designed for professional use, but as long as you are careful when you are using it, it will get the job done without falling apart.
- Adjustable Spray Pattern Tips
- Paint Flow Control
- 35 Fluid Ounce Capacity
- Only Capable Of Using 60 Din-S Viscosity
- Very Limited Warranty Coverage
You may need to be a little more cautious when you are lugging this piece of equipment around with you compared to some of the other pieces of equipment that we have featured on this list but it is still more than capable in the right hands.
4. Titan ControlMax 1500 0580005 High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
if you are the type of person that wants to start a new project touching up on the paint for various pieces of furniture, it will be hard to find a better fit for you than this piece of equipment right here.
There are only two nozzles included, but it will be all that you need and prevent things from being too messy when you clean up.
Two included tips allow for versatile painting action. Easily clean up your mess after each project, thanks to the quick cleanup system.
It may not have the longest warranty or feed the most affordable product on the list, but you pay the quality price.
- Capable of use on projects inside or outside of the home
- Patented flow control technology allows easy control over the air pressure
- Totally portable paint spraying system
- Could Be More Affordable
- Only Two Nozzles Are Included
If you are looking for a paint sprayer that will get the job done and is suitable for professional applications in commercial settings this is the product.
5. VonHaus Electric HVLP Spray Gun High Power Paint Sprayer
Another perfect paint sprayer for people that want to spray up to 35 fluid ounces at a time inside of their own home.
Easily control the level of spray with the flow control adjustment nozzles.
Flow control adjustment nozzles are not always as precise as you might like them to be.
- Holds Up To 35 Fluid Ounces Of Un-Thin Paint At A Single Time
- Adjustable Shoulder Strap Lets You Carry It Easily
- Control The Spray Pattern To Determine Exactly How The Sprayer Performs
- Not The Most Durable Device
- Could Have Better Customization Options
If you are in the market for a paint spare that will give you the ultimate level of control in a portable paint spare unit it will be hard to find anything that can hold a candle in comparison to this model.
6. Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 Stationary HVLP Paint Sprayer
The patented X booster turbine gives you more control over this than any other paint sprayer that is out there. It will give you the power needed to cover an entire two-story home from the outside ground floor level.
Nozzle design allows you to change between all of the different included options easily.
A limited number of included nozzle options included with the initial purchase
- X-Boost Turbine Provides Adjustable Control
- Covers An Entire Two-Story Home
- Quickly Change The Nozzles For Your Paint Gun
- Not The Most User-Friendly
- Steep Learning Curve
As long as you are satisfied with the nozzle selection that is included with the original purchase then this is hard to beat because it will give you better results for the best price.
How to Choose the Best Paint Sprayer For Your Home's Exterior
You are comparing all of the different options that are available for a paint sprayer; it can be a little overwhelming at first. There are so many different factors that you can compare all of the different options.
How do you know which ones really matter for your needs? Look at the following five factors to determine where you should begin your search.
Airless Paint Sprayer
Airless paint sprayers do not use any type of pressurized air. It instead pressurizes the paint at high pressures. When the paint is expelled from the paint sprayer, it is aerosolized, and it applies evenly on the wall in front of you.
These paint sprayers are better for use outdoors or for large projects where you do not need as much precision.
Pneumatic Air Sprayer
Pneumatic air spares do take advantage of pressurized air to prep the paint when it is sprayed. These paint sprayers are easily recognized by their smooth and even finish when you are finished on your project.
They are a favorite amongst hobbyists that enjoy using their capabilities to restore antique furniture faithfully.
They do have and use the most paint out of all of the options, but you will always have a consistent result to rely on each time.
These types of paint sprayer's function a little differently than the other ones that use air. Instead of using incredibly high-pressure air, it uses a very large volume of air.
This causes the paint to be aerosolized into fewer droplets, but when they do land on the surface, it typically results in a smoother finish.
If you are in the paint industry professionally and are concerned about the efficiency of your projects, these paint sprayers may cost the most upfront but use the least amount of paint overall.
They will not work as well with a thick type of paint, such as a varnish.
Multiple different options can be chosen for adjustments on different models. Different types of spray nozzles will allow you to use your paint spare differently.
Look at the manufacturer's specifications to see which customization options for you the most.
One of the most important questions to ask yourself is to determine what type of power source or paint spare will use. The type of power source will determine how portable your paint spare is and where it will be capable of being put in use.
Do not buy a paint spare unless you are certain that its power supply works for you.
How to Setup Paint Sprayer For House Exterior
Best Paint Sprayer For House Exterior Buyer's Guide
Do You Need To Have A Filter For A Smooth Finish?
If you are looking to have the smoothest finish possible with your paint spare, then you will need a new filter for each of your jobs. This removes any debris that could get stuck in the paint otherwise.
Which Tip Is The Best For Your Paint Sprayer?
The best tip will depend on the job. As you gain experience working with all of the different tips that your paint spare has included with its equipment, you will begin to gain familiarity with which tool is suitable for which task.
Portable Or Stationary?
If you are looking for a highly portable paint spare, then you can look for one of the ones that have wheels on the unit so you can roll it around easily or one of the backpack-based units. These are the easiest to carry around.
Are Quick Cleanup Options Worth It?
If you have to move from one job to the next and do not normally have time to clean up after yourself carefully, you will fall in love with some of the quick cleanup options available for an additional cost via some manufacturers.
What Do The Adjustable Models Add?
Different manufacturers will allow different adjustments to be made to their different models. You will need to contact each one to determine which has the best customization features available for you.
What Kind Of Power Source Does It Use?
The types of power sources that are commonly employed by paint spares are electric and gasoline-powered ones.
The best type for you will depend on your specific needs, but you need to make sure that you are aware of what type of power source the paint spare you decide to purchase will be using before you make the final decision.
Whether you are a professional painter, who needs a tool to take care of commercial-size jobs or are a simple home hobbyist looking for something to make your weekend project scope by a little quicker, this paint sprayer is the perfect tool for you and will likely suit your needs flawlessly.